1. Meditate on God Himself – Psalm 63:6 says, “On my bed I remember you; I think of you through the watches of the night”. We should meditate on God and who He is. Reflect upon His character and attributes.
2. Meditate on God’s Laws – In Psalm 119:15-16 it says, “I meditate on your precepts and consider your ways. I delight in your decrees; I will not neglect your word”. It goes on to say in verse 97 that we should love God’s Law and meditate on it all day long.
3. Meditate on God’s promises – Psalm 119:148 says, “My eyes stay open through the watches of the night, that I may meditate on your promises”. When we meditate on God’s promises we are reminded of all He has done for us in Christ and all He is going to do when Jesus comes back.
4. Meditate on God’s love – In Psalm 48:9 it says, “Within your temple, O God, we meditate on your unfailing love”. God promises to always love us and to never leave us. He loved us so much that He sent His Son to come and bring us eternal life” (John 3:16).
5. Meditate on God’s works – Psalm 77:12 says, “I will meditate on all your works and consider all your mighty deeds”. Consider all the great works God has done in the Bible throught history, all the great works He has done in the world and all the great work He has done in our lives.
Meditation is a good thing. It helps us to focus on God, all He has done and all He is going to do.