David was described as a man after God’s own heart in 1 Samuel 13:13-14. But what are some of the things David did that made him known as that?
1. David loved God’s Word – Oh, how I love your law! I meditate on it all day long (Psalms 119:97 NIV)
2. David loved to pray to God – I love the LORD, for he heard my voice; he heard my cry for mercy. Because he turned his ear to me, I will call on him as long as I live (Psalms 116:1-2 NIV)
3. David loved to praise God – I will sing to the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live (Psalms 104:33 NIV)
4. David hated being on wrong paths – I gain understanding from your precepts; therefore I hate every wrong path (Psalms 119:104 NIV)
5. David wanted a clean heart – Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me (Psalms 51:10 NIV)
6. David loved when we live in unity – How good and pleasant it is when brothers live together in unity! (Psalms 133:1 NIV)
Theses things give us some clues. He loved God and His Word, he praised God and wanted a pure heart, he loved to pray and he loved when we live in unity.