I was reading Colossians 2 this morning. Verses 6-10 jumped out at me…
And now, just as you accepted Christ Jesus as your Lord, you must continue to follow him. Let your roots grow down into him, and let your lives be built on him. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness. Don’t let anyone capture you with empty philosophies and high-sounding nonsense that come from human thinking and from the spiritual powers of this world, rather than from Christ. For in Christ lives all the fullness of God in a human body. So you also are complete through your union with Christ, who is the head over every ruler and authority. (Colossians 2:6-10 NLT)
As I read I was reminded of several things that I want to share today.
1. A decision to follow Christ is not the end of things. We need to chose to continue to follow each day as both Saviour and Lord.
2. We need to sink our roots deep in Him. We don’t want a shallow faith that is easily swayed by the world or by circulstances.
3. Our faith needs to be shaped by the eternal truths we were taught. Strength, contentment and thankfulness flow from that.
4. When we are strong in Christ and the truth, we will not be drawn away by empty philosophies that can lead us astray.
5. We are complete in Christ. He is the fullness of God. Our search for truth and meaning is over. It is found in Christ.
Our relationship with Christ makes us complete. The eternal plan of God is that we would know and walk with Christ and then make Him known to others.
Colossians 2 is a nice reminder and a great way to start the day today.