Galatians 6:2 is an interesting verse. It says, “Share each others burdens, and in this way obey the law of Christ.”
There are a number of simple ways we can share each others burdens.
1. Listen when people need a listening ear.
2. Offer encouragement that things will get better.
3. Help them to look to God in the midst of the situation.
4. Help them to return to God if they are away or in sin (see verse 1).
5. Offer practical help that might ease the burden.
6. Go with them to important appointments that may have bad news.
7. Pray for them and check in with them regularly.
These are simple things that can help carry each others burdens. They can help us to support each other.
Do you know anyone who made needs one of these things today?