For my first sermon at Bruce Rock Church of Christ as Pastor I decided to look at Romans 12. I titled my message, “5 things to help us be a living sacrifice”.
The key verse was Romans 12:1. It says, “Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship.”
The key thoughts were…
- Renew your mind (verse 2)
- Use your gifts well (verses 6-8)
- Really love one another (verses 9-10)
- Live at peace with everyone (verses 16-18)
- Conquer evil by doing good (verse 21)
If you would like to read the full message you could find it here.