One of the key things God wants us to understand is who we are in Christ. He wants us to know who we are, what we have in Christ and just how much He loves us.
As Christians we need to be reminded just how important we are to Him. Below are the key points from my recent sermon.
- You are created in God’s image (Genesis 1:27)
- You were chosen before the foundation of the world (Ephesians 1:4-5)
- You were created for good works (Ephesians 2:10)
- You were adopted as children of God (John 1:12)
- You have the power of the resurrection inside you (Romans 8:11)
- You are no longer condemned (Romans 8:1)
- You are alive and seated with Christ (Ephesians 2:4-7)
- God created you in your mother’s womb (Psalm 139:13)
- God loved you and sent His Son for you (1 John 4:9-10)
- You are free in Christ (John 8:36)
When we fully believe these verses it changes our hearts and minds and it truly changes the way we live. We can stand taller and we can be confident in taking on the world knowing that God loves us, is with us and is on our side.