One of the best ways to have peace in this life is by letting the Spirit of God work in and through our minds.
When we do this we see the world through God’s eyes. We see people differently. We see world events differently. We see the future differently.
When we let the Spirit control our minds, we also see ourselves through God’s eyes. As people who are loved, cared for and supremely valued.
When I look at the world through my eyes I can easily get overcome. We I see the world through God’s eyes I see God’s plan unfolding.
This world is in God’s hands and every single person in it is dearly loved with a love that stretches out from eternity. You and I and more loved and valued by God more than we can every comprehend.
The secret to unstanding this is as the verse says, “Letting the Spirit control your mind leads to life and peace”.
Last week we had a family from our church leaving to serve overseas with MAF. As a result I preached a message especially for them.
The message was titled, “Remember these things” and it was to encourage them to hold firm to their faith and remember who they are in Christ.
The key points are below…
Remember who you are in Christ:
- I am a child of God. (Galatians 3:26)
- I am a partaker of God’s divine nature. (2 Peter 1:4)
- I am a new creation. (2 Corinthians 5:17)
- I am more than a conqueror. (Romans 8:37)
Remember what you have in Christ:
- I have eternal life. (1 John 5:11–12)
- I have the victory. (1 John 5:4)
- I have abundant life. (John 10:10)
- I have divine provision. (Philippians 4:19)
Remember what you can do in Christ:
- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. (Philippians 4:13)
- I can fulfill God’s plan for my life. (Ephesians 2:8–10)
- I can walk in love. (1 John 3:14)
- I can do good things. (Micah 6:8)
The full text can be found on my website here, or our church website here.
Hello all, here is a link to my latest sermon. It was titled, “Listen, Do, Practice” and looked at James 1:19-27.
The three main points were…
- Be quick to listen and slow to speak.
- Be doers of the Word and not just hearers of the Word.
- Be someone who practices pure religion.
You can find a link to the full text here. Unfortunately there is no audio. The person who hits record (me) forgot this week until it was nearly finished!