Romans 5:8-11 has some wonderful truths about our salvation because of what Jesus did for us on the cross. It says…
 But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners.  And since we have been made right in God’s sight by the blood of Christ, he will certainly save us from God’s condemnation.  For since our friendship with God was restored by the death of his Son while we were still his enemies, we will certainly be saved through the life of his Son.  So now we can rejoice in our wonderful new relationship with God because our Lord Jesus Christ has made us friends of God.
Five things jump out at me as I read…
- We know God loves us – we know this because Christ died for us.
- We are right with God – Jesus’s death paid the price for our sin.
- We are not condemned – we are forgiven and set free from condemnation.
- We are friends with God – Jesus has made us friends with God.
- We can rejoice – we are free to live in God.
What a great passage of Scripture. It contains so much truth about what God has done for us in Christ. We are loved, forgiven and friends with God.
This is a great reason to rejoice today!