Proverbs 4:25-27 NLT – Look straight ahead, and fix your eyes on what lies before you.  Mark out a straight path for your feet; stay on the safe path.  Don’t get sidetracked; keep your feet from following evil.
In a world that is constantly throwing things at us that can easily sidetrack us, it is important to set a straight path for your feet. Setting a straight path for the Christian means to keep focused on God and His Kingdom.
We do this by…
1. Setting our hearts and minds on things above (Colossians 3:1-2).
2. Keeping God’s Word hidden in our hearts (Psalm 119:11).
3. Focusing on the author and perfector of our faith (Hebrews 12:2).
4. Running the race set before us by God (Hebrews 12:1).
6. Praying continuously for ourselves and our fellow Christians (Ephesians 6:18).
7. Regularly meeting together with other Christians for encouragement (Hebrews 10:24-25).
Marking a straight path and keeping focused takes time and effort, but the reward is a strong and mature faith that makes a real and lasting difference in this world.