Colossians 2:13-15 NLT – You were dead because of your sins and because your sinful nature was not yet cut away. Then God made you alive with Christ, for he forgave all our sins.  He canceled the record of the charges against us and took it away by nailing it to the cross.  In this way, he disarmed the spiritual rulers and authorities. He shamed them publicly by his victory over them on the cross.
In this passage there are seven truths about our relationship to God in Christ…
- We were dead in our sin
- We still had he sin nature we were born with
- We are now alive in Christ
- Jesus took our sins on the cross
- We are forgiven and set free
- We have no further charges for sin against us
- The spiritual rulers and authorities of this world have no power over us.
In the lead up to Easter, I am so thankful for what Jesus did for us on the cross. We are free from sin, set free and alive in Christ.