I found this interesting list of helps from the Bible online. I thought I would share it here…
The Bible is a storehouse that offers practical advice on the following everyday issues:
- Love (1 Corinthians 13).
- Leadership (Nehemiah).
- Laziness (Proverbs 6:6–8).
- Materialism (Deuteronomy 8; Ecclesiastes; Luke 12:15).
- Investments (Proverbs; Matthew 25).
- Household responsibilities (Proverbs 31).
- Disappointment (Psalm 121; Philippians 4:6–7).
- Satisfying relationships (Colossians 3).
- Overcoming weakness (2 Corinthians 12:7–9).
- Marriage faithfullness (Proverbs 6:25–29; Hebrews 13:4).
- Aging (Ecclesiastes 12).
- Marital bliss (Song of Solomon).
- Courage (Esther).
- Hope (John 14; 2 Peter 1:3).
There is much to be discovered. One way to make Bible reading interesting is to assume the role of a hunter.
With a highlighter as your weapon, and your prey a subject (God’s attributes, miracles, fulfilled prophecies, grace, unknown facts, salvation, heaven, baptism, or precious promises), set out to underline everything the Bible has on that subject.
Take notes. Become an expert. —Author Unknown