I was reading through the beatitudes for my devotions this morning. They are found in. Matthew 5:3-10.
As I was reading through today I realised afresh how God blesses us in our lives. Here are some of my notes.
1. When we recognise our need for Him – He gives us the Kingdom
2. When we mourn – He gives us comfort
3. When we are humble – He gives us the earth as an inheritance
4. When we hunger and thirst for justice – He gives us satisfaction
5. When we show mercy – He shows us mercy
6. When we are pure at heart – He shows us Himself
7. When we work for peace – He calls us His children
8. When we are persecuted – He gives us the Kingdom
So many blessings. So much favour. So much comfort.
One thing I also noticed today was the bookmarks at the beginning and the end. When we recognise our need for Him or are persecuted, He gives us the Kingdom.
Be blessed by the beatitudes today!