For my devotions this morning I read Psalm 91. This is one of my favourites that I have read many times.
Today I focused on verses 1-4 and 9-12. I thought I would share my dot point notes here as an encouragement…
- We find true rest as we live in the shadow of the Almighty (v1)
- David declared God alone is his place of refuge. He alone is my refuge too (v2)
- He rescues us from every trap and deadly disease – key word every (v3)
- He covers us and shelters us under His wings (v4)
- God’s promises are our armour and protection (v4)
- If the Lord is our refuge, then no evil will conquer us and no plague will come near our homes (v9)
- He orders His angels to protect us wherever we go (v11-12)
I got a lot of encouragement and comfort from Psalm 91 today. I would encourage you read it too.
God really Is our shelter and our refuge.