I have been a Christ follower for more than 30 years, which is over half my life. When I first came to Christ I was full of fear and worry.
Often when something happened my mind would race and not stop for days. I would get caught in what someone has recently described as in a loop.
Over time as my mind renewed as is talks about in the Bible I have learned to look to God and trust Him in all circumstances.
Here are some key verses that have helped…
1. “Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.”
Isaiah 41:10 NLT
2. “Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.” 1 Peter 5:7 NLT
3. “Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7 NLT
4. “For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.” 2 Timothy 1:7 NLT
5. “Since you have been raised to new life with Christ, set your sights on the realities of heaven, where Christ sits in the place of honor at God’s right hand. Think about the things of heaven, not the things of earth.” Colossians 3:1-2 NLT
6. “Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.” Romans 12:2 NLT
7. “In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, O Lord, will keep me safe.”
Psalms 4:8 NLT
8. “I love the Lord because he hears my voice and my prayer for mercy. Because he bends down to listen, I will pray as long as I have breath!” Psalms 116:1-2 NLT
These are just some of the verses that have helped transform me and my thinking. No matter what the circumstance I am faced with, I can look to God and trust Him.
As you read and memorise them I want you to remember these are not just motivational verses on a screen, but words guaranteed by the God of the universe.
If you are prone to worry, I hope and pray that these verses will help you as much as they have helped me.