Today I want to share my sermon I preached the first week of being Pastor at my last church.
I remember in the week leading up to the first Sunday, God kept on saying, “I want you to be a living sacrifice”.
This took me to Romans 12. In the message I shared 5 points…
- Renew our minds (v2)
- Use our gifts well (v6-8)
- Really love on another (v9-10)
- Live in harmony with each other (14-18)
- Overcome evil with good (v21)
I really wanted to let the church know I would lead with a sacrifical servant heart.
If you would like to read the full text you can find it here. It also has the audio and a pdf of the powerpoint.
Hi all, my latest sermon is online now. It looked at Ephesians 1:15-23 and Paul’s heartfelt prayer for the Ephesians.
We saw that not only was it Paul’s heart for the Ephesians, but it is God’s heart for us today. We looked at six main points…
- Paul prayed for Spiritual Insight and Wisdom
- Paul prayed they would understand the confident hope
- Paul prayed they would understand the greatness of God’s power
- Paul prayed they would understand that Christ is above all things
- Paul prayed that they would understand that Christ is the head of the church
- Paul prayed that they would understand that we are Christ’s body
If you would like to see the full message, you can find it here.
Hello all, my sermon from today is now online. It was titled, “Chosen, Redeemed and Sealed by God”. It looked at some of the blessings in Christ from Ephesians 1:3-14. The main points were.
- God chose us and adopted us
- We are redeemed by God
- We are sealed by the Holy Spirit
- Our salvation is all about God
You can find the full text here.
Our sermon from today is now online. It was titled, “Being a servant focused Christian”.
Today we looked at the idea of being a servant focused Christian. We saw some quotes from famous Christians, we looked at what the Bible said about serving and we finished with the crowns awarded for faithful service.
- We were created for good works – Ephesians 2:10
- We need to serve God with all of our hearts – Colossians 3:23-24
- We need to see the secret to greatness is servant-hood – Mark 10:43-44
- We all rely on each other so we all have a part to play – Romans 12:4-5
- We should use our gifts and talents to serve one another – 1 Peter 4:10
We also looked at the five crowns for service – the crown of life, the incorruptible crown, the crown of righteousness, the crown of glory and the crown of exultation or rejoicing.
You can find the full text here.
Hello all, my sermon from Sunday is now online. We looked at seven ways God helps us through suffering. The main points were as follows…
- God helps us to understand why there is suffering
- God is our refuge who promises to help
- God promises to never leave us during our suffering
- God assures us that our suffering has purpose
- God understands our suffering
- God promises to give us strength
- God promises that our suffering will not last forever
We can’t escape suffering, but God can help us make sense of it, comfort us and help us through. The red-letter words of Jesus from John 16:33 can be our comfort…
“I have told you all this so that you may have peace in Me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.”
The full text can be found here. As there was some very personal testimonial stories, it was not recorded.
My sermon from yesterday is now online. It was titled, “Practical Prayer” and touched on four main ideas of prayer. The four key words for today are…
All are key aspects of prayer. It is important to take time for each of these everyday. In the message we took a minute of so for each and as we saw, a minute alone with God can be a great time.
You can find the full text here, and the audio here.
Hello all, my sermon from last Sunday is now online. It looked at John 17 and “The prayer Jesus prayed”. It is part of our Kingdom Focus series.
Today we looked at one of the greatest prayers of all time. We saw that Jesus prayed for three main things in John 17.
- Jesus prayed for Himself – He prayed that He would bring glory to the Father and the Father would restore the glory Jesus had in eternity.
- Jesus prayed for His disciples – He prayed that they would be unified, protected and that the Father would sanctify them.
- Jesus prayed for all believers – He prayed that we would be with the Father and Son, that we would know Jesus glory and we would know the love the Father has for the son.
You can find the full text here, or the audio here.