I was reading 2 Corinthians for my devotions this morning and something in chapter 9 reminded me of how God’s blessings not only bless us, but it flows on to others.
2 Corinthians 9:10-14 NLT – For God is the one who provides seed for the farmer and then bread to eat. In the same way, he will provide and increase your resources and then produce a great harvest of generosity in you.  Yes, you will be enriched in every way so that you can always be generous. And when we take your gifts to those who need them, they will thank God.  So two good things will result from this ministry of giving-the needs of the believers in Jerusalem will be met, and they will joyfully express their thanks to God.  As a result of your ministry, they will give glory to God. For your generosity to them and to all believers will prove that you are obedient to the Good News of Christ.  And they will pray for you with deep affection because of the overflowing grace God has given to you.  Thank God for this gift too wonderful for words!
Seven things jumped out at me today…
1. God provides the seed. Which in turn provides more seeds, which provides more seeds.
2. God’s provision helps us to be generous.
3. When we are generous peoples needs are met.
4. When we are generous people praise God.
5. Our generosity proves we are obedient to the message of Christ.
6. People will pray for us with deep affection because or our generosity.
7. We need to be thankful to God because of His blessing that blesses us in so many ways.
It is amazing how God blesses us in so many ways. He provides for us, but in that provision there are many more blessings. Not only are we provided for, but when we extend His generosity to others the blessings are mulitplied.
We receive more seed, people see the genuineness of our faith, people praise God and we get to be a part of God’s plan to bless those around us.
Dear God, thanks You for Your many belssings to us. I pray that we will take these blessings and be generous with them. Thank You that we are blessed to be a blessing. Amen.