Online preaching or podcast sermons is something I have been thinking a lot about over the last six months. I have found that I have had way less desire to speak in church than I do preparing podcasts for my website. There are a few reasons for this.
1. More relaxed – preparing and delivering a sermon for a church audience is quite stressful. There is also a lot of time and effort that goes in to it too. Preparing a sermon for podcast is a lot more relaxed and as there is no timeframe, you can take your time and get it just right. And if it doesn’t sound quite right the first time, you can re-record it and go again. This makes a lot more relaxed.
2. More fruit – Another reason is when I preach in our local small country church context is there is only usually 20-40 people present. While this is a good thing to do and people are encouraged, a podcast sermon reaches way more people. A simple podcast sermon might reach hundreds of people in the first month and it continues to encourage people over the years.
3. More people – Over the years I have met a lot of Christians who do not attend church any more. For one reason or another they just don’t go. These people often still love the Lord and want to grow in their faith. As a result they search the internet for sermons, podcasts and other resources. They listen to sermons, read blogs and interact via social media. They might not attend church in person, but they are connected to the Body of Christ – the global church.
This is why I am shifting my focus over to online podcast sermons. It seems like the next progression for me in my journey. I may still preach in church occasionally, but it will be much less than in the past.
If you are interested you can find my sermons here and find our Podcast page here.
Hello all, I have included a series of sermons I did on the Book of Philippians on my website. It is a series of four messages based on the chapters.
You can find on my sermons page or below. Some have the audio too.
If you would like to connect with us, we have a number of ways.
- Email – you can email us by visiting our contact page.
- Facebook – we have set up a new page for PASSIONAustralia.org on Facebook.
- Twitter – you can follow my personal account on Twitter.
- Podcast – you can subscribe to our new sermons and devotions.
- Donate – if you would like to support us to continue growing.
Over the next month we will be adding more items to our podcast. So subscribe now and stay tuned!
I put a sermons series I did at Bruce Rock church on my sermons page today. It is titled, “The Great words of the Gospel”.
It is a series of sermons on salvation, redemption, reconciliation, regeneration and imputation. You can find them on my sermons page or click on them below.
The sermons have full text and audio.
Each month I receive requests for churches or groups to use our free discipleship booklet for their new Christians.
Some churches use it for their welcome pack for new Christians, some use it train their team to disciple others and some use it for their youth group Bible studies.
It is a great feeling to get the emails. It is great to know something you originally wrote for your own kids is being used around the world to bless others in their faith.
One question I am often asked is “Why do I give it away for free?”. The answer is I want to bless people and make an impact for God’s Kingdom, more than I want money.
The other things people say about the booklet is they love how simple it is, that it covers the main things they want people to know and how it has Bible memory verses.
If you would like to download the booklet you can find it here.
If you have the chance, I would appreciate if you could share this post on social media or like it on WordPress. That would be a great help.
Hi all, I have made some updates to my main website in the last week or so. If you would like to check them out, you can find them here at www.PASSIONAustralia.org.
Some of the things you might like to check out are below.
We really hope you are blessed by these resources. Our heartbeat is to bless and encourage you on your journey of faith and life in Christ.
Hello all, I have just made an update to my sermons page. Previously I had a list of sermons by title and the most recent ones were at the top of the page.
I updated it just now to group them in to sermon series. Generally when I preach I like to preach in a series by working my way through a book of the Bible or in a series of messages with a series title.
With this change I think this will make it easier if you are looking for a sermon on a particular idea or book of the Bible.
Many of the sermons have the full text and audio. If you are interested you can find them here on my sermons page.
Easter is a great time to stop and think about life – where we are at and where we are going.
Thirty years ago at Easter I explored the true meaning of Easter. I went to church with some friends and heard about Christ.
Over the coming months I explored the claims of the Bible and learned what the Easter message was all about.
I learned that at Easter Jesus died on the cross to pay the price for my sin on Good Friday and on Easter Sunday He rose to life.
Jesus conquered sin and death and He offered me a new life in Him as a result. In July of 1989 I asked Jesus to be my Lord and Saviour.
I found true and lasting peace with God. That day changed my life forever.
If you would like to find peace with God, you can visit this page on my website – Peace with God.
Several years ago I took a group of teens through my discipleship booklet. In the first lesson I quoted Colossians 2:6-7 and used it as a foundation for our studies.
I explained to them the importance of building a firm foundation for our lives in Christ. I am excited to say the message and the discipleship booklet studies we did really sunk in and deep roots were formed.
If you would like to use the free booklet you can find it here – https://passionaustralia.org/DiscipleshipBooklet.pdf.
I have added a new Bible reading plan to my main website today. It is called, “The Essential Jesus”. It contains 100 Bible readings from both the Old and New Testaments.
If you are interested you can find it on this page or the direct link here.